torsdag 20. september 2012

Grand Canyon.




W3, day 16: Sunrise, hiking and sunset in Grand Canyon. 

Sunrise over Grand Canyon, about 6 am. 











After sunrise it was time to do a hike down in the canyon. We started walking down about 6.50 am. 









They told us to remember one hour down is like two hours up, so I walked from 7 am until about 9 am. The view was the same going up as down so I kind of walked a steady pace upwards, making it to the top again in 2 hours and 15 minutes! When I got back to the start the rangers told the new people hiking that it was reported to be 100 F/ 40 C at the bottom, so they were all recommended to just walk to the first or second "base". 







A little video I made on the way up.. 





When I got back to the campground it started pouring down. I had just brought a change of clothes for showering and was inside the shower and restroom building, so I stayed dry, but my tent companion Chihiro was inside our tent and chose to stay there to avoid getting soaked. I was so worried about her as other abandoned tents were flying away near us.. The rivers you see here were made in 10-15 minutes. It was just so crazy to watch and unfortunately some of our tents were pretty wet afterwards. Unavoidable! 





Here we are ready to watch sunset. We brought pizza and tried to pronounce everyones name correctly, like they do themselves. Pretty funny, or what Sooki?? Chi,Chi,Chi Hiro! 











Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar