søndag 11. august 2013

Chicago´s Gold Coast



 On my 4th day in Chicago (Aug 9th) I had pancakes for breakfast at Yolk (my new favorite breakfast spot) before stacking up at Sephora down in the Loop area. At noon I did my Architecture River Cruise  and after a little break at the hotel I did a third walking tour called "Living well". 
It started at the John Hancock center and took me through all the designer stores on Oak street, up Astor street and down along Lake Michigan. The area is also called Gold Coast. 



This is Hugh Hefner´s former home. He turned this building into the original Playboy Mansion in 1959. 
He not only lived and partied here, but published Playboy here. 
1340 N. State street. 





The leafy Astor street has some fine 19th-century homes built by Chicago´s elite. 





The Cyrus McCormick mansion. 


The International Museum of Surgical Science. 



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar