mandag 21. januar 2013

Seagulls and lifeguards!



So I lost a whole day in transit coming to Australia. I left Norway on Monday the 14th and was suppose to arrive in Sydney on the 16th at 7 am, but my flight from London via Singapore to Sydney was delayed 26 hours because of technical problems. We had boarded and sat in the plane for almost 3 hours before they told us that we would have to stay the night in London and fly the next day. I have been traveling quite a few times and this was the first time ever that I had to stay overnight in an airport hotel due to delays. Well, it is the unexpected situations that make stories though, and since it was all out of my hands I just had to relax the best I could. My bag was filled with 10 magazines and 7 books so at least I had some reading material. I only finished one book though! 


I arrived in Sydney on the 17th around 8 am. My friend Cathrine met me at the airport and we travelled back to her apartment. It was a sunny day so as soon as I had settled in we went to the beach. We chose Bronte beach as it has a little less crowd than Bondi. The lifeguards work here as well..ha ha!

The next day (Friday) was super hot with about 40C. I went back to Bronte as Cathrine was sleeping after her nightshift. The breeze from the ocean cooled me down, and I had a good read in "The Silver linings playbook" by Matthew Quick. 


Saturday and Sunday were overcast but finally today (Monday) the sun came out again. I had to wait until 3 pm, but then my mood lifted as I could feel the sun on my face, and listen to the waves crashing. I am such a weather person, it is almost scary! 
I finished "The fifth witness" by Michael Connelly. 


When I arrived at Bronte today there were more seagulls than people, and they were staying just beside me. 
  



Cathrine knows all the lifeguards by name, but I just take their photo. Ha ha. 






The restaurants/cafes here sell amazing fruit juices, smoothies, wholegrain muffins, veggieburgers and salads! 



I stayed until the dark was approaching..I LOVE the sun!! 

2 kommentarer: