tirsdag 23. oktober 2012

Jungle life



I keep going back to 2004. There was so much happening on our South-and Central America tour. My earlier post just don´t give it enough credit! Here we are in the jungle in Ecuador. We spent 3 days out in the wild, leaving from Banos. 
The first picture shows what we had for dinner one day, fried of course! I wasn´t too keen on trying it, but Anny said I had to seize the opportunity, it tasted like fat!! 


Aunts carrying leaves 10 times their own size.. 


Anny is cooking dinner. 


Our local guide Leonardo and a German woman called Renata, who worked as the translator. Leonardo´s brother Willo (Wilfredo, not pictured) was also with us. 


We had two of these boats taking us down the river. I tried standing up in one of them and found it almost impossible!!



All these rivers wil eventually end up in the Amazon River. 


All pics by Beate Bjørnevik. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar