tirsdag 21. april 2009

Foz de Iguacu




In 2004 I quit my job to travel 3,5 months in South and Central America. I traveled together with Anny Aamodt and Beate Bjørnevik (Pedersen at that time!). We all met in nursing school and had lived together for 4 months abroad in Australia (fall 2000). We started traveling in February and returned home to Norway in May. It was not the longest I had been away, due to my au-pair year in Scotland and my studies in Australia, but it was the first time I was living out of hostels and dorms every night. 

First up was one month in Brazil. I flew from Oslo to Sao Paolo, and met up with the other two girls there. They had travelled 6 weeks already, in India and China. 

We stayed in Sao Paolo for 2 nights before we continued on to Foz do Iguacu, to see the amazing waterfall. We visited the waterfall from both the Argentinian and Brazilian side, as it is situated on the border of the two countries. 








The Iguacu falls has a flow capacity equal to three times that of Niagara Falls. Part of the falls are on the Brazilian side. Others are on the Argentine side, including the "Garganta do Diabo" ("Devil's Throat" in Portuguese), the tallest of the falls, which is 97 m, 318 ft (97 m) high (Wikipedia). 






Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar